(Photo Credit: freestockphotos.biz)
As we continue to celebrate this festive holiday season, it’s important to take extra care to keep friends, family, ourselves, and others safe from impaired driving. While not new, the message and preventative steps bear repeating:
- Plan ahead and designate a sober driver. Keep it fair and rotate who that person is for different days and events.
- If you find yourself ready to leave a party with keys in your hand, and you know you have had too much to drink, ask someone for a ride, call a friend, or call a cab. Remember “Buzzed driving is drunk driving.”
- Listen to friends and family with you at the party. They know you best. If they are strongly suggesting you shouldn’t drive home, they’re probably right and you should seek an alternative.
- On the flip side, if you see someone who shouldn’t drive, offer to drive or help find another option.
- If you see a vehicle moving erratically, pull over to stay out of its way and call the police.
Stay safe and enjoy the rest of this holiday season. Wishing you a Happy New Year!